MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Build Knowledge to define infrastructure using standard programming languages such as *Node.js, Python, and Go.*
* Ability to use standard constructs like loops and conditionals. This enables more flexibility and reduces complexity compared to domain-specific languages
* Use programming languages and modern software development tools to increase speed and quality. For example, developers can use IDEs, test frameworks, and package managers to build infrastructure.
* Build modern architectures (such as *Kubernetes *or serverless) using a streamlined, more productive workflow and toolset
* Build higher-level frameworks and custom platforms for cloud infrastructure that codify your best practices. Share these best practices within your company or with the community.
* Cloud engineers deliver both infrastructure and application code through a unified process that increases efficiency and quality.
* Deliver infrastructure and application code through standard CI/CD pipelines. This streamlines versioning, building, testing, and deploying cloud applications.
* Run unit and integration tests to validate infrastructure changes before deploying them to production. This encourages a test-driven development approach that reduces errors and increases deployment confidence.
* Orchestrate automated deployments by programming them within application code. This enables programmatically deploying infrastructure with APIs instead of using a CLI-driven workflow.
* All application and infrastructure changes are tracked with a complete history of who changed what and when. Maintain fine-grained diffs and set up the ability to easily roll back changes, if needed.
* Cloud engineers manage their cloud infrastructure and applications with Policy-as-Code, access controls, and auditing histories.
* Define Policy-as-Code to proactively enforce compliance across your infrastructure and correct configuration drift. You can write rules that check for security, cost, reliability, best practices, and more.
* Create visibility across your infrastructure using audit logs and viewing diffs for cloud resource changes, just like in *Git*. Set fine-grained controls on who can access and change infrastructure within your organization.
* Ensure that your entire team (both infrastructure and developer roles) has visibility across cloud applications, including what resources exist and which changes have been made. This builds better collaboration for all.
*Objectives of this Role*
* Work in tandem with development teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
* Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
* Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
* Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
* Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
*Daily and Monthly Responsibilities *
* Develop and implement technical efforts to *design, build, and* *deploy AWS applications* at the direction of technical leads, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive transactions, and low latency systems
* Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
* Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
* Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
* Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
* Installing and maintaining operating environments.
* Monitoring these operating environments.
* Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
* Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening.
* Run our infrastructure with tools like *GitHub Actions, Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes.*
*Required Skills and Qualifications *
* *Bachelor's degree* in computer science, information technology, or mathematics or equivalent work experience
* *2+ years* of experience *architecting, designing, developing, and/or implementing* cloud solutions on *AWS platforms*
* Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks
* Experience in several of the following areas: *database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics*
* Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
* Must know how to use *database systems management software*, enterprise resource planning software, and web platform development software.
* Think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
* Know your way around *Linux and the Unix Shell.*
* Know what the use of config management systems is
* Have strong programming skills
* Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
* Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
* Go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
* Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
* Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
* Have experience with* Load Balancers, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies*
They are responsible for keeping all services and production systems resilient and hardened for smooth operations. The expectation of this team is to keep a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, with the ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Our engineers are a blend of pragmatic operators and software craftspeople that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our environments and codebase.
Full Benefits & Bonuses