HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center – Houston, TX
Anesthesia Technician - Operating Room
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. HCA Houston Healthcare Specialty Hospital Medical Center, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is currently looking for a Anesthesia Technician - Operating Room.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and drugs; prepares requisitions and orders stock as necessary; works with individual vendors to test and evaluate new products and equipment.
- Trains employees and provides technical supervision; detects common types of equipment malfunction, makes adjustments or changes for repair.
- Sets up ECG scope monitor, telethermometer, Doppler flow detector arterial blood pressure monitor, central venous pressure monitor, mean arterial pressure monitor and blood pressure monitor.
- Prepares, after each case, set-ups, including adaptation of anesthesia machines for each case, prepares appropriate endotracheal tube and laryngoscope; prepares nerve block trays.
- Assists anesthesiologists in reception of patients newly arrived in operating room; helps move patients onto operating table; provides technical assistance to doctors, nurses and students as requested during induction of general anesthesia and nerve block procedures.
- Sets up intravenous solutions and gives sets when requested by anesthesiologist; sets up blood filter and warming apparatus under supervision of anesthesiologist.
- Orients new nurses, physicians and residents to OR procedures; obtains information for billing.