The IT System Manager is responsible for setting up, installing, maintaining and monitoring network (LAN and WAN) desktop, laptops and automation computers and software. Also, this person is responsible for diagnosing and resolving network problems and appropriately referring and supporting complex problems. The IT System Manager will perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure the computers and network performance meets company and user satisfaction in an acceptable timeframe.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and perform unplanned events that adversely affect the desktops and network or computing environment.
- Supports, manages, and ensures operating capability of both the LAN, VPN and wireless network and keep operational at all times.
- Ensures hardware, software, and network upgrades, installs, re-installs, changes and relocations are efficiently completed as required.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows PCs, WideOrbit automation system, MusicMaster scheduling, Windows file servers, network cabling and Ethernet networks.
- Troubleshoot computing systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and correct them as well as other operational difficulties.
- Maintain security system PC’s and programs, applications, and regulating file permissions.
- Work closely with Engineering, Corporate IT and the Customer Support Center and ServiceNow, application development, network and security teams to develop and implement scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available server and storage strategies that meet business objectives and set relevant service-levels.
- Maintain and develop procedures for backups and restores, as well as monitor the performance, success, or failure of these tasks.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to team members’ problems and demonstrates a genuine interest in helping them.
- Makes oneself approachable and available to others, volunteers to assist and support others when needed.
- Provides information in a timely fashion and keeps users fully informed of progress and decisions being made.
- Uses company resources to further knowledge and expand on Individual Development Plan
- Remains vocal about desire to engage in projects or activities that will stretch knowledge or skill set. Acts as a trustworthy consultant to management in giving recommendations.
This position is responsible for a 24 hours per day, 365 days per year operation of all local and server platforms consisting of NetApp, Windows, and VMware as well as backup strategies.