The Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is the leading regional advocate for the economic and civic interests of the Hispanic business community. HHCC represents approximately 90,000 businesses in the Greater Houston Region, ranging in size from start-ups to multi-national corporations, making the Houston Hispanic Chamber the largest in country.
The Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce seeks a dynamic, self-starter to help lead the Chamber’s advocacy, outreach, and marketing efforts. This role requires a firm grasp of all contemporary communications mediums and how to best activate them toward reaching the Chamber’s strategic goals. This role also requires an understanding of the role advocacy plays in the Chamber’s overall strategic plan, as well a general comprehension of the economic, political and business landscape in Houston.
- Oversee and help guide the development and execution of all Chamber communications, social media, media platforms and digital plans.
- Along with Supervisor, provide strategic direction for the Chamber’s overall social media
strategy, producing new content on a consistent basis across all Chamber social media platforms.
- Manage extensive media platform (television/radio in English & Spanish) to include scheduling and coordination of interviews, keeping a concise calendar of upcoming recording dates and schedules and editing of content for production of shows (editing experience preferred, but not required).
- Along with President & CEO, provide support in managing all Chamber internal & external
relationships as it relates to media.
- Help lead the Chamber’s advocacy work – identifying pertinent public policy and develop plans of action to best move forward the interests of Chamber membership
- Working with HHCC vendors, help lead the design of Chamber marketing collateral including, but not limited to, graphics, event invitations, original social media content, and other marketing material for major events hosted by the HHCC.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Chamber’s website, working with Chamber partners to ensure website reflects the most up-to-date information.
- Schedule and create Chamber e-blasts via the Constant Contact platform.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, direction and venues for marketing and communications.
- Conduct media outreach, organize press conferences and monitor HHCC advocacy issues as needed.
- Attend all membership related events (business attire required).
- Assist with other responsibilities as needed.