La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Sr. Guest Experience Maker - LQ to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Houston - Baytown East location in Baytown, Texas.
The Sr. (Lead) Guest Experience Maker is responsible for supervising the operation of the hotel's front desk and ensuring efficient and exceptional service is provided to a wide variety of individuals on a daily basis, including: guests, potential guests, vendor partners and La Quinta team members.
- Requires regular, sometimes constant, contact with customers, outside agencies and the general public. Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to accurately sense and respond to unspoken wants and needs of individuals.
- Proficiency to approach all encounters, regardless of the situation in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Excellent telephone skills particularly related to customer service and sales.
- Must be able to work with and secure sensitive and/or confidential material and information.
- Must be able to properly and confidently operate basic office software, machines and devices including computers, company issued hand-held electronics, copier, printers, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision, responding to and handling unfamiliar situations with little supervisory guidance.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills are required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts and/or conditions.
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm during stressful situations.