At Houston Methodist, the Clinical Physician Support Coordinator II is responsible for leading the efforts for improved use, personalization and adoption of physician related technologies. Provides direct support to providers and facilitates optimized use of the systems. Serves as a liaison between Information Technology teams, physicians & physician related committees to resolve issues, enhance system functionality and increase benefit realization. Will lead and mentor others in this role where appropriate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30 %
- Leads on-site support to members of the medical staff regarding use of provider related technologies including but not limited to the EHR, mobile solutions, and communication tools.(EF)
- Monitors provider related KPIs and partners with the Quality department to develop action plans for improvement.
- Provides excellent customer service skills with a physician focus with training support and problem resolution. (EF)
- Acts as liaison between the medical staff and hospital departments to resolve problems in operational and information technology system issues. (EF)
SERVICE - 25 %
- Leads the physician workflows and translates them into clinical systems to expand physician usability. (EF)
- Responds to physician needs within all hospital settings and clinic settings with EHR concierge workflow support service. (EF)
- Supports physicians with required regulatory reporting
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20 %
- Partners with quality department and governing groups to prioritize initiatives and ensure patient safety, regulatory requests and best practice are incorporated into improvements. (EF)
- Coordinates on site support during DNV and other regulatory auditing/survey processes.
- Monitors the Physician Efficiency Reports (PEP) for Epic and other provider related KPIs, partnering with Medical Staff Services, Operations, Quality and IT to develop action plans and evaluate improvement opportunities.
FINANCE - 5 %
- Assists with physician documentation improvements to insure maximum hospital revenue capture.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20 %
- Identifies opportunities for new transformative solutions to support and enhance physician practice.
- Facilitates implementation of physician centric tools and insures physician adoption.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.