Analyzes, implements, tests, and maintains mobile, standalone or Internet/Intranet applications offered by the department, as directed by management. Responsible for the implementation of security and the performance monitoring of applications. Reviews and redesigns existing applications as needed, implements new applications with database and inter-system connectivity. Assists in the installation, configuration, testing, and file management of existing applications. Works in conjunction with other team members in the development of software with emphasis on programming, testing, and implementation of applications accross varied layers and platforms. Assists Sr. Developers, User Experience Designers, and Technical Leads in developing the architecture, design, and implementation of software applications.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25 %
- Ability to work with team members within the assigned project, and/or department effort. (EF)
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must properly engage and interface with all stakeholders within or outside the organization. (EF)
- Foster relationships and engage in regular communications within the department, IT and the organization at large. (EF)
- Assist in the design and implementation of application layers.
SERVICE - 20%
- Respond promptly to internal and external customer requests. (EF)
- Strive to meet and exceed patients¿ and coworkers¿ expectations.
- Work alongside team members in achieving standards set by management in order to achieve high quality of software produced.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 35 %
- Ability to develop applications that utilize set standards to ensure the highest quality. (EF)
- Ensure written software is tested and meets the expectations of the stakeholder per previously discussed and accepted requirements. (EF)
- Execute daily, iteration and project level tasks on time and within committed timeframes. (EF)
FINANCE - 5 %
- Utilize department resources and supplies effectively.
- Identify cost saving or revenue opportunities
- Manage time effectively to meet established and committed deadlines. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15 %
- Pursue knowledge of new technologies and methodologies that improve productivity, workflow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Seek out innovative technologies that provide solutions to new ideas, trends, and concepts.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.