Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing daily support to the Director of Community Relations and supporting all components of the Volunteer Services program and Fund Development department, both on-site at agency facilities as well as at designated external locations. It is important that the incumbent demonstrate strong initiative and exercise good judgment as a result of the outreach nature of the role. Duties include providing pertinent information to individuals and groups about Catholic Charities Volunteer Services, providing guidance to prospective volunteers about opportunities to contribute to Catholic Charities, its staff and its clients, working with volunteer groups, Share Your Blessings, timely file management relating to volunteer files, screening and interviewing volunteers, answering phones, generating reports, and communicating regularly with volunteers and Catholic Charities staff.
- Acts as the initial contact for agency volunteers and interns.
- Assists in recruiting volunteers and interns for the agency.
- Conducts background check process for volunteers and interns and onboards cleared volunteers and interns.
- Enters volunteer hours into database for tracking and historical purposes; manages volunteer files and updates as needed.
- Generates reports as needed (e.g., monthly reports that reflect number of volunteers each month to meet CCUSA requirements, etc.).
- Recordkeeping of both digital and physical files of volunteers and interns.
- Assigns volunteers and interns to available positions.
- Assists in providing trainings and orientations to volunteers and interns.
- Attends designated events & orientations with volunteer(s) & intern(s), including some evening and weekend events.
- Ensures that volunteers are well-oriented and are informed about the significance of the volunteer work being performed.
- Attends staff meetings and workshops to expand professional skills; identifies and works with key staff at agency to ensure delivery of services to clients by volunteers.
- Travels to various sites (i.e., Guadalupe Center, Catholic Charities warehouse, clients’ homes, storage unit for toys, etc.) to manage volunteer groups and ensures that necessary materials are available to volunteers.
- Assists with engaging parishes and other groups to Catholic Charities for volunteering.
- Helps with special events such as volunteer appreciation events, Share Your Blessings (SYB), and United Way.
- Supports SYB throughout the year, including coordination of gifts to clients, leading volunteer groups during the day at the warehouse, assisting staff to acquire gifts for clients, and satisfies requirements related compliance requirements.
- Conducts and ensures all onboarding procedures are closely and accurately followed particularly including applications, volunteer background checks, training, and other necessary procedures for volunteers and interns.
- Interviews new volunteers for Houston and Galveston areas and guides them through initial steps of volunteerism.
- Works closely with program liaisons in order to determine volunteer position descriptions and oversees the program’s management of volunteers assigned to their area.
- Assists with various Fund Development activities in support of the team, when needed.
- And, performs other duties as assigned.