Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The Director, Estate and Gift Planning is a part of a team responsible for over 15% of the organization’s revenue, second only to our well-known “Relay for Life” and other special events. The Director, Estate and Gift Planning builds relationships with planned giving prospects and donors in addition to estate and financial planning professionals.
- Document $750,000 to $1,300,000 in new gifts Net Present Value;
- Meet personally with prospects, donors and professional advisors (220 face-to-face scheduled contacts annually) to discuss the American Cancer Society, Inc.’s cancer control, research, patient services programs and planned giving services;
- Submit minimum of 24 proposals of $10,000+ within a fiscal year in support of the American Cancer Society mission;
- Manage a portfolio of qualified, active prospects through various stages of moves management;
- Maintain a high level of expertise regarding state and federal taxes, gift and estategiving methods and the legal aspect of charitable giving;
- Build relationships with the planned giving prospects and donors, and with estate and financial planning professionals;
- Provide prospects, donors and professional advisors with information and materials about the American Cancer Society, Inc.’s local and national cancer control services, support groups and research programs;
- Coordinate suggestions for planned giving vehicles with the prospects and their advisors in order to meet their estate/financial planning goals and those of the ACS;
- Develop a Planned Giving Implementation Plan;
- And maintain a general knowledge of American Cancer Society Inc.’s local and national cancer control services, support groups and research programs;
- Coordinates with all ACS departments;
- Coordinates with Divisions, Donors, advisors and gift officers as needed;