The Senior Automation Engineer will be an integral member of the Process Automation Team implementing automated programming and processes that will drive the successful execution of TPC Group’s strategic growth projects. Reporting to the Manager of Process Automation, the Senior Automation Engineer will possess a comprehensive proficiency for developing, defining, and implementing instrumentation and control strategies around automation and safety systems. The successful candidate will leverage this skill set to meet established metrics, based on budgets and timelines. He/she will be able to confront challenges and carefully determine a thoughtful plan for resolution and manage the necessary change management process. In general, the candidate must have a balance of hands-on engineering skills as well as an ability to think strategically and use leadership and delegation skills where necessary.
- The Senior Process Control Engineer will be responsible for working with both internal and external resources to define, develop, engineer, and implement the project and scope of work established in alignment with project goals and objectives. He/she will be focused and possess a high level of technical accuracy and a deep understanding of process knowledge (distillation, pump / compressor, etc.). He/she must have the ability to collaborate with a team that will implement and maintain process controls in a safe, reliable, and economical operation. This successful candidate will assimilate quickly and begin delivering results in an expedient manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Technology Planning and Development of Engineering Standards and Work Processes to ensure ROI and maximize Reliability and Maintainability.
- Be a Technical Leader for internal and/or external teams to implement projects of varying size and complexity.
- Process automation expert in multiple areas/processes, particularly in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Participate in PHA’s, PSSR’s, incident investigations, and unit troubleshooting.
- Familiar with commercial aspects of control system upgrades and service contracts.
- Take an active role with process automation industry trade groups to gain best practice guidance.
- Display expert knowledge of process control principles and use them to assess/support area/plant automation performance.
- Have strong understanding of process control performance on company profitability and be able to communicate that message across all parts of the organization.
- Complete project scopes to hand off to capital for estimating. This includes P&ID markup, PFD development, writing of process control narratives.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.