A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Bureau Veritas Certification Auditors and Lead Auditors perform audits per Bureau Veritas Certification BMS, requirement of the applicable Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) standard(s), and ISO19011. The auditor is responsible to make relevant decisions concerning the audit process and to inform Bureau Veritas Certification as required to resolve issues outside the audit process. The auditor is responsible to collect and analyze sufficient information to provide a recommendation for certification. Lead Auditors have authority for the control and performance of auditing activities including planning and the control of other members of audit teams.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES (grouped under key result areas)
- To assimilate, understand and operate the Bureau Veritas Certification Management System in all activities relevant to the post, and to liaise with the Product Manager regarding changes to its design and implementation.
- To perform FSC, PEFC and SFI chain of custody and forest management audits in any capacity in conformance with the Ultimate Auditor Handbook and ISO19011.
- In performing the duties described in Item 1 above, to ensure that such duties are performed in an efficient and commercially expedient way.
- To control as necessary, teams of auditors during the activities covered by Item 2 above.
- To decide upon evidence gained during audits whether or not registration should be recommended or allowed to continue.
- To strive to acquire sufficient audit experience to cover the whole of Bureau Veritas Certification's accredited activities.
- To assist in the training of other auditors and lead auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
- To participate actively in witness audits by Bureau Veritas Certification or accreditation bodies.
- To maintain all audit credentials.
- To undertake any other activities as directed by the Product Manager.
- Knowledge of product or service
- Ability to interpret the standard
- Ability to co-ordinate and control the assessment
- Accurate and timely submission of reports, expenses and nonconformity clearance
- Ability to communicate with clients, staff and auditors