WHO YOU ARE: Friendly. Creative. Eagle-eyed. Hungry. You make things happen, and you make ’em count. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, but your standards are spotless, because where and how you work reflects who you are and what you believe in. You get the big picture, realizing it’s always rooted in serving up an authentic Texas experience, one plate at a time.
The Bartender makes and serves drinks following established guidelines, procedures, and policies for beverage and safety controls as prescribed by company standards and strictly abides by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors and intoxicated individuals. He or she interacts with guests and staff in a cordial, efficient, and professional manner and rings guest checks, collects cash, and processes credit charges following company policies and procedures. In addition, the Bartender maintains inventory control, initiates liquor requisitions, and ensures established pars are maintained.
The ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (additional coursework or training in bartending preferred) and at least one year of experience in a high-volume bar. Has previous experience handling money and operating point-of-sales (POS) and credit/debit card processing systems and can work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Fluent English speaking and written communication skills, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
We are looking for passionate, friendly and attentive bartenders to create and exceptional experience for all of our guests. The employee will provide timely, accurate and personable service while preparing the highest quality of beverages to our valued guests.
• Ensures proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis by requisitioning and stocking all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce according to established policies
• Greets all customers in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner
• Prepares and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practices prudent portion control
• Operates the complete POS system and other required software
• Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
• Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and all company policies
• Check identification of guests to avoid underage drinking
• Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages
• Receive and serve food orders to all guests seated at the bar
• Restock and replenish all bar inventory and supplies
• Learn the names and personally recognize our regular customers
• Ability to operate the point of sale register system, including processing credit card and cash transactions
WHO WE ARE: A family. A restaurant. A good time. A lifestyle. We’re Goode Company, curators of Texas culture and cuisine harbored in the heart of Houston. With thirty-seven years of restaurant and catering experience under our belt (and a whole lot of BBQ), we take the people we work with as seriously as the food we serve because we believe you need the best of both to fully honor the rich cooking traditions of Texas. We love what we do and the people we share it with, on both sides of the plate.
The Goode news is we're hiring!
WHERE WE MEET: You take joy in what you do, and we take pride in finding folks like you. Because when you’re in it for the long haul, no shortcut’s worth taking - especially when it comes to our preparation, our ingredients, and most importantly, our people. Interested? Us too. Let’s chat.
Oh yeah, don't forget the "extras" - we have those too. We offer great benefits! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Advancement Opportunities
• Critical Illness
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Sick Time
• Team Member Recognition
• Training and Professional Development Opportunities
• Voluntary Supplemental Life
Goode Company Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer, so if you've got the qualifications, desire to work hard, and help our business grow - we want you!