This Development Associate is responsible for assisting the Development Team in fulfilling the
fundraising objectives of the Museum. This person will provide project management and
administrative support to the Vice President of Development and the Development Manager
and work in collaboration with them to ensure key initiatives and objectives are met.
LSFM opened at Ellington Airport in September 2017. The new facility serves to fulfill its mission to preserve Texas aviation history in an inspiring educational environment that meets the needs of students and visitors of all ages. Emphasizing the role of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), LSFM’s vision is to be a world-class educational museum linking an understanding of the past with inspiration for the future.
Duties Notice: The statements below describe the essential duties of the person or persons
assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties and
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports achieving Development Team strategic fundraising goals through positive and
productive interaction and collaboration with Museum staff, volunteers and donors.
- Assists in developing materials for use in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects. Assists supervisor with special projects and preparation of deliverables for both internal and external stakeholders. Collects and compiles information from diverse sources, performs calculations, creates charts, graphs and spreadsheets and performs other related duties as requested.
- Supports the Annual Campaign and Comprehensive Campaign.
- Supports and helps manage key special events and donor activities.
- Types correspondence, donor acknowledgements, meeting notes, agenda and case
statement drafts. Working with confidential information on a daily basis, the Development Associate also prepares copies, files, and tracks correspondence, gift information and acknowledgements.
- Updates constituent information in Altru donor database including biographical and
proposal information. Creates and produces Altru financial reports, constituent action
reports and other queries as needed. Develops and maintains donor/prospect tracking and event spreadsheets.
- Schedules donor and prospect meetings and confirms meeting times and places.
- Continues to expand industry knowledge of best practices and market trends.
The Lone Star Flight Museum is an equal opportunity employer.