- GED/High School Diploma preferred
- Valid Texas Driver’s License Class C; insurable by district’s insurance carrier
- Completion of at least a four year apprenticeship or completion of a two year technical school with emphasis on air conditioning/refrigeration or State of Texas Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor’s License.
- Journeyman’s license (steamfitter, HVAC, pipefitter) required
- Computer literate
- EPA certified
- Knowledge of the theory and operation of major heavy commercial air conditioning and heating systems
- Knowledge of the theory and operation of major air distribution systems
- Knowledge of air balancing procedures
- Knowledge of water balancing procedures
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and construction plans
- Ability to operate various types of HVAC DDC control systems
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards of the HVAC trade and the necessary safety precautions
- Ability to transform plans into a completed product
- Ability to diagnose and repair various HVAC systems malfunctions to include thermal storage systems
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance
- Five years experience preferred
Constant walking, standing, climbing; heavy lifting and carrying, constant stooping and bending. Work outside and inside; work around machines with moving parts; work around moving objects or vehicles; work on ladders and/or scaffolding; exposure to electrical shock, gas, refrigerants, sewage, dampness, humidity, toxic chemicals, explosive environments, and airborne dust; slippery or uneven walking surfaces; exposure to extreme temperatures and other irritants; exposure to chemical and conductive burns. Regular attendance.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Maintain emotional control under stress
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.