FEMA is seeking talented men and women who are eager to assist disaster survivors on an on-call basis as Reservist employees. In this role, you will travel , receive training , build your professional network and support those in need . Are you or someone you know looking for a rewarding on-call work opportunity to assist disaster survivors?
Reservists work on an intermittent basis, supporting survivors of all-hazard incidents. They are the main FEMA workforce during an emergency or disaster, that assists the agency in accomplishing its mission.
The Disaster Survivor Assistance (DSA) mission is to build and sustain an expeditionary cadre that can establish a timely presence focused on addressing the needs of impacted populations and disaster survivors by:
- Collecting targeted information to support leadership and operational decision-making;
- Providing accessible, in-person case-specific information and referrals;
- Providing referrals to whole community partners, as needed; and
- Identifying disability-inclusive public information needs so strategic messaging can be developed and disseminated.
The DSA cadre maintains positions that require various levels of experience and skills. The cadre is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
- Disaster Survivor Assistance Specialist - The DSA Specialists are responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relations with disaster survivors and affected communities.