A CNC Lathe Machinist II is responsible for understanding the set up, programming and operation of all CNC and manual Lathes as well as CNC milling machines according to Hunting procedures and engineering blueprints. This machinist has no direct supervision over employees but should be able to supervise training, preventative maintenance and daily production efforts
CNC Lathe Machinist II Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up, program, and operate CNC and manual Lathes or Milling machines according to NCC procedures and engineering blueprints. Setup a machine and run the job with no supervision. Troubleshoot any issues on machines.
- Assist others in minor Lathe and Mill program adjustments and program all machines to new products.
- Set up a turret database to maintain setup reduction and configuration efficiency.
- Communicate with engineers and planners daily to assure accurate routers and schedules.
- Provide on-the-job-training and conduct training sessions on machines for apprentice and journeyman machinists at the direction of supervisor.
- Support and assist with machine PM program as required.
- Responsible for dimensional and quality requirements of components.
- Assist in the maintenance of a detailed program database including revision dates, program revision and or improved method record.
- Participate in and support ”Six-Sigma” projects as required.
- Proactively identify and implement ways to reduce set up times and identify potential cost reductions in regards to product design.
- Play an active role in regards to “Lean” processes by working with others to identify and implement ways to improve flow to increase throughput and eliminate waste.
- Utilize ERP System to perform everyday Job Processes.
- Participate in and support the Company’s professional development and training activities
QA Inspector - For Stafford, TX Location
Advanced inspection of all types of precision machined parts and purchased parts, assemblies, tooling and fixtures. Work from and interpreting blueprints, technical specifications and industry standards. Establish frequency of inspection, maintains records of results and prepares quality forms as required. Assists with the training of apprentice inspectors and manufacturing personnel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform receiving, in-process and final inspection, customer sorting and related quality assurance tasks to maintain quality standards without supervision.
- Perform first article inspection, on a variety of couplings, internal components, and raw materials.
- Record results and create reports for quality problems to superiors.
- Can determine inspection requirements of parts needing either sampling, lot and/or 100% inspection through interpretations
- Conducts audits on new procedures, processes and root products as required.
- Participate in interviews of machine associates to track and evaluate quality problems.
- Qualified to use Micrometers, Vernier calibers, Height gauges, Rockwell hardness tester, positive material identification analyzer (PMI) and basic inspection equipment.
- Qualified to program Micro-Hite gauge with little to no supervision.
- Qualified to program Optical Gauging Product (OGP) with little to no supervision.
- Maintains calibration of measuring devices and test equipment.
- Can review material test reports to meet HST and industry standards with little or no supervision.
- Can assist others in the proper use of inspection devices.
- Read, understand, and interpret the Company Quality Manual.
- Read and understand documentation such as blueprints, mechanical assemblies, part list, procedures manuals, weldments, and test procedures.
- Assist with internal company audits.
- Record results and report non-conforming parts/material.
- Assign appropriate cause and reason code for non-conforming parts.
- Participate in root cause analysis and interpretation as required.
- Assist Q. A. Supervisor in training the proper use of inspection devices.
5.ERP System Utilization
- Utilize ERP System to perform everyday Inspection Processes.
- Non-conformance Reports
- Moving Material
- Processing Job Traveler
- Processing P.O. Receipts
- Document 1st Article Inspections.
- Maintain the in process Material Queue.
- Maintain daily workload reporting and assist Q.A. Supervisor in maintaining the daily workload of all Q. C. inspectors.
- Assist Q.A. Supervisor with Discrepant Material Reporting (DMR).
6.Metrics and Measurement
- Assist Q. A. Supervisor with maintaining daily/weekly quality performance metrics.
- Assist in the weekly/monthly presentation of quality statistics/metrics as required.
7.Company Policies and Procedures
- Complete all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner while maintaining quality and confidentiality.
- Participate in and support the Company’s professional development and training activities.
- Required Skills/Experience
- Overtime is mandatory.