To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The sale of donated and new goods at Goodwill stores enables the agency to offer a variety of employment and training services, promote self-sufficiency, and contribute to community conservation through repurposing, reusing, and recycling.
- The Sorter is responsible for sorting through all the soft lines, separating the salvage from the sellable items, and selecting those exceptional items that can be set aside for our boutique shop.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework our Mission, Vision, Values, Team Member Handbook, Guiding Principles, SOP, Reference Guides, and GoodwillU Houston.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sorting of soft goods; such as clothing, linens, boutique items, etc.
- Must be able to ensure that all products are carefully inspected to meet GWH quality standards.
- Sort donations according to company guidelines to maximize productivity for the hanger/taggers.
- Ability to work quickly to meet required production standards of 200+ (one bin) per hour.
- Demonstrates professionalism and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude at all times.
- Must be able to ensure that all production standards, guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Perform necessary janitorial work as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Conduct self in safe manner; keep processing area neat, clean and maintain good housekeeping standards to have aisleways and fire exits clear and report all work injuries immediately.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- May provide some oversight to our volunteer groups on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the store management team.