This position requires skills to inspect, install, repair, adjust, construct, modify, calibrate, program and wire all electrical and electronic apparatus, devices, and circuits of any voltages in the plant or assigned area.
Assist in the design assembly and service of all types electrical, electronic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical, radio controlled equipment and any type of integrating, indicating or graphic electrical, electronic or mechanical instruments and control equipment.
Help ensure that all equipment performs properly, safely and within TSC / OEM specifications.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. This position must be able to work a shift schedule which will require overtime frequently. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Operation requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, work boots, and hardhats Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Current work hours are
- 10-10.5 hrs./day M-F
- 8 hrs./Day Sat
- 0 hrs./day Sun unless plant issues demand (i.e.: maintenance calls, etc.)
- Maintain a good working relationship with Maintenance and Production personnel in order to maximize equipment reliability and up-time.
Responsible for the electrical maintenance of machinery and equipment within the facility.
- Make necessary equipment repairs during the shift to maintain equipment availability for production, including corrective maintenance, adjustments, and emergency repairs as well as be available for call-outs for emergency I off shift repairs.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance, lubrication, overhaul and upgrades of plant electrical, safety and instrumentation equipment.
- Analytically troubleshoot and resolve electrical malfunctions back to OEM Specifications.
- Routinely check the performance of electrical equipment.
- The employee is responsible for maintaining maintenance records.
- Write Requisitions for parts and materials.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area. Must follow all PPE policies and safety rules.
- Attend and participate in Maintenance or Engineering meetings to communicate daily activities and project progress.
- Work closely with engineering group and outside contracted vendors to meet deadlines and complete capital improvement projects.
- Participate in production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers as it pertains to equipment reliability and availability.
- Perform failure analysis, suggest and implement improvements.
- Learn new skills as needed to maintain the plant.
- Assemble and install PLC, MCC, and field electrical equipment and cabinets.
- Install conduit, duct, and fittings. Pull & terminate wire.
- Other duties as assigned