The U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas is one of the largest district courts among the country's 94 federal judicial districts. The district courts, combined with the appellate courts and the Supreme Court, make up the judicial branch of the federal government. The Southern District of Texas consists of the following seven divisional offices: Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Laredo, McAllen and Victoria.
We are seeking technically qualified and customer focused applicants to join our IT support team in our Houston office. Our team has a passion to provide outstanding technical support for our internal clients and to the mission of our agency. The Automation Support Specialist will provide technical support to all of our end users on a wide variety of systems and applications.
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by Sunday, October 20, 2019.
The starting salary range for this position is $47,141- $58,942 (CL-25), with promotional potential to CL 26 ($51,930 - $84,376).
- This position provides specialized technical support and routine technical support services. At this level, the incumbent provides both Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support for computer hardware/software, Microsoft Outlook email, printers/scanners/copiers, Cisco VOIP/Unity, a Fiber to the Desk network, Courtroom Technology, end user training, commercial and locally developed applications. The incumbent assists in defining and implementing automation training plans and serves as a central point of information and assistance for end users. This position performs routine to complex troubleshooting for hardware and software systems and may serve as a lead on a Tier 2 team.
Representative Tier 1 Duties:
- Respond to Help Desk calls, emails, instant messages, ticketing queue to assist with routine to complex problems reported by end users.
- Provide PC Support – Hardware/Software Baseline Support to include physical hardware/ software setup, configuration, and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Provide basic network support to include network connection, documentation, and troubleshooting of a Fiber to the Desk solution.
- Provide Courtroom Technology support to include assistance, training end users and the public as well as troubleshoot technology (analog/digital audio/video, video conference, annotation, and digital recording).
- Provide support for commercial applications to include Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, WordPerfect X5, FTR Gold, IE, FireFox, and Chrome.
- Provide support for locally developed applications- learn and maintain skills to provide support for locally developed applications to include training, assistance, and troubleshooting problems.
- Provide support for VOIP system to include connection, training and troubleshooting.
- Provide support for mobile devices to include iPad/Tablet, iPhone/Android.
- Responsible for logging all incidents/requests in SysAid ticketing software.
- Responsible for following inventory procedures for accountable property.
- Incumbent will be required to answer court provided phone 24 hours a day in case of an emergency.
Representative Tier 2 Duties:
Incumbent will be required to provide specialized Tier 2 support for one of four following areas of expertise:
1. Server Team
- AD - Support for Moves/Adds/Changes of User accounts and Control Group access. Responsible for File Restores, File/Type storage reports and data cleanup.
- Zen - Support for Add/Remove application assignments, monitor and cleanup workstation. Responsible for creating and managing reports on software distribution.
- Client/Device – Responsible for testing, verifying and pushing Windows updates via WSUS server, and Endpoint Security by monitoring security logs and push definition updates. Must create and manage client images, grant access and distribute mobile data/application access to devices.
- Servers – Must reset passwords, monitor usage/ performance of Remote Services (Terminal Servers). Responsible for monitoring log management, storage, and backups. Must also monitor and create reports on performance and replication through read only access.
2. Network Team
- Network/Wireless – Configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting all routers, switches, and wireless access points. Responsible for Moves/Adds/Changes while adhering to standards set by Tier 3.
- VOIP - Support for Moves/Adds/Changes and password resets for phones/voice mail while adhering to standards set by Tier 3.
- Fiber/Copper – Responsible for all network/voice infrastructure including fiber/copper installations, termination, testing, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Solarwinds – Responsible for setup, maintenance, monitoring and reporting.
3. Courtroom Technology Team
- Courtroom Technology- Support audio/visual installations in all courtrooms, training rooms, jury rooms and multipurpose rooms (includes assisting with purchasing, installation, training and troubleshooting).
- FTR-Support for FTR Reporter/Player for all courtrooms, chambers and users where applicable which includes configuration, installation, updates, testing, training and troubleshooting. Responsible for maintaining all FTR files on the Warehouse server including the moving and of FTR files when necessary so the files are accessible. Must continue to research and provide constructive feedback about alternate ways to improve FTR procedures.
- VTC-Must configure, install and maintain all VTC endpoints including the setup and operation of all VTC calls when requested. Responsible for maintaining the schedule of VTC equipment/rooms for availability so equipment is available when requested with priorities set by supervisor.
- VTC Bridge- Responsible for scheduling, monitoring and troubleshooting of all calls that require the use of the SDTX VTC Bridge and/or the AO VTC Bridge. Must configure all endpoints to communicate with the SDTX VTC Bridge with the proper naming convention and extension including VTC endpoints and users with video software (ie. Jabber, Movi, etc.).
4. Mobile Team
- Microsoft Outlook - Support for Microsoft Outlook Administration to include all moves/adds/changes, maintain mail groups/lists, and troubleshoot complex issues related to Microsoft Outlook.
- Mobile Device - Support for all Mobile devices to include purchase and deployment while maintaining baselines for mobile devices through AirWatch, and troubleshoot complex issues related to mobile devices.
- VPN - Support for VPN/JPORT Administration to include password resets, creation, deletion, disabling and enabling of all VPN accounts.
- Kiosk - Support for Kiosks including installation, updates and troubleshooting of all kiosks and public access terminals.