What you'll do
As a Power Equipment Operator at Walmart Supply Chain, you will be operating power equipment to move product through the Distribution network to the Stores to service our Customers. Your role is critical to providing our customers with the product they expect at an everyday low price.
You can expect the work to be very physically demanding with an extremely high focus on your safety and the safety of others. You will be driving power equipment and lifting heavy cases in extreme climates. The flow of freight is very fast-paced, and productivity expectations are high.
Lift Driver (Import)
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Manage freight flow by moving, scanning, and handling freight manually and/or with power equipment.
- Maintain merchandise supply by replenishing pallets of merchandise onto/from racks or docks using warehouse systems or through verbal instructions.
- Provide basic maintenance to equipment (e.g., clean, inspect).
- Ensure freight quality by processing stray and damaged cases; inspecting pallets, shrink wrap, and freight for damage; cutting shrink wrap as needed; and maintaining records, logs, and forms.
- Organize warehouse by using power equipment to remove pallets from pallet returns (e.g., pallet storage, trailers); up-stacking/down-stacking empty pallets; and up-stacking/down-stacking freight
Duties and Responsibilities
- Powered Equipment Operations
- Transports freight, pulls merchandise, replaces freight, fills daily orders, and controls freight flow when operating moving equipment in a safe and correct manner.
- Transports and delivers freight to appropriate areas of the facility in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged products, or improper procedures in the facility.
- Operates moving equipment in a safe and correct manner.
- Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and compliance.