As a Freight Handler at Walmart Supply Chain, you will have a critical role in moving product through our Distribution network to the Stores to service our Customers. Your role is critical in providing our customers with the product they expect at an everyday low price.
You can expect the work to be very physically demanding with an extremely high focus on your safety and the safety of others. You will be lifting heavy cases in extreme climates. The flow of freight is very fast-paced, and productivity expectations are high.
Base Salary= 17.25/hr; Pay rate changes with shift
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Manage freight flow through moving and loading freight manually, as well as through extendables and powered equipment (e.g. single and double pallet jack, lift, pacer); identifying, counting, separating, combining and scanning freight (utilizing warehouse management system terminal, scales and scanners); and maintaining records, logs and forms.
- Keep work area organized and maintain freight flow through stacking empty pallets, and moving empty pallets using a pallet jack and/or powered
1st Shift (Monday- Thursday)
2nd Shift (Monday- Thursday)
- 4:00pm- 2:00am
- Shipping- 5:00pm- 3:00am
4th Shift (Friday- Sunday)
- Shipping- 6:00am- 6:00pm
5th Shift (Friday- Sunday)-
- Shipping- 5:30pm-5:30am
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles and processes freight in a safe and correct manner through the facility to the Stores.
- Loads, unloads, orderfills, packs, and/or processes freight in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged products, or improper procedures in the facility.
- Uses freight handling equipment in a safe and correct manner.
- Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and compliance.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity. Ensures freight quality and integrity.
- Performs additional duties as assigned