Requirements: MEBAC is a durable metal arc spray coating deposited in multiple layers with included grit to produce a sure-grip surface that presents high friction coefficients exceeding OSHA and ADA requirements in dry, wet, and oily conditions. No other solution achieves the same performance!
The Specialist will pursue the opportunities identified in our Strategic Plan and develop customers in target industries and regions to help IKG develop a visible market presence with competitive advantage. Targeting and development activities will begin in the office with in-depth research, vetting, and phone, email, and social media communication. The Specialist will also visit qualified customers face-to-face and support trade shows, safety events, and other related marketing channels to develop and sustain interest in MEBAC.
IKG's Sales and Marketing team will support the maintenance of existing accounts, detailed quoting, order entry, and order management activities - the Specialist may be called on as MEBAC Champion to support occasional needs at all points in the value chain.
- A successful MEBAC Anti Slip Sales Specialist will have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Business, Marketing, Manufacturing, or Engineering, and 5 or more years of related experience covering manufacturing or processing facilities (Petrochemical, Industrial, Food and Beverage, etc.) with value selling, product marketing, sales engineering, or similar responsibilities.
- Safety related product experience is a plus.
- Enthusiastic customer communications in-person or by email/phone/social media are the norm.
- Minimum 5 years safety experience covering manufacturing and/or processing facilities (Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial, Food & Beverage, etc.) or with construction firms. Must have experience in auditing safety conditions at facilities or job sites, driving compliance and/or improvements, and training workers and/or management in best practices, process compliance, and metrics.
Safety solution sales experience is also preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to effectively present/communicate information to stakeholders and team members at all levels
- Ability to constantly communicate successes and plan to the organization driving involvement and cultural transformation.
- Strategic Planning
- Ability to analyze local business effectively and define/communicate a clear direction and go-forward plan both short and long term.
- Ability to define goals, metrics, and levels of success for internal/external customers.
- Ability to execute plan individually and by utilizing a cross-functional team to meet/exceed business goals and effective involvement of consultant resources.
- Change Management/Problem Solving
- Ability to quickly identify barriers to progress and execute team plan for success in/out of specific events.
- Computer - Microsoft Office, Manufacturing ERP system, CRM system, safety systems
- Mathematical / statistical skills
IV. Essential Functions
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
- The ability to travel domestically (50%+ travel )
- The ability to read and understand documents and drawings
- The ability to work cooperatively with others
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- The ability to perform several tasks at once
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to work in an unsupervised environment
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Harsco Industrial / IKG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Corporation's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco Industrial / IKG offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Jim Scholes, Div HR Manager at 713-378-3939, and Harsco will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.