Join the Goodwill Houston Family!
Goodwill is now hiring CDL A DRIVERS
Operate Goodwill vehicles to support outlet and salvage operations by assisting in the day-to-day control of materials and salvage merchandise ensuring the efficient and cost-effective operation through safe, timely materials processing and movement within Goodwill Houston; Complete daily routes as assigned by supervisor, the handling of Hazmat, receipt, processing, inventory control, securing, shipping (handling safely), and maintaining compliance in accordance with all local, state, and deferral guidelines regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver/pick up merchandise to/from Goodwill stores and other location.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and weekends.
- Complete daily route as assigned by supervisor.
- Inspects vehicle prior to leaving yard; fill out daily inspection forms; report all defects to dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Report all property damage immediately and complete written accident report; proceed as instructed by dispatcher.
- Load/unload merchandise/checkout/salvage from trucks as needed.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to the general public and staff at all times.
- Maintain radio contact with supervisor to receive routing or other instructions.
- Use safe driving practices when operating Goodwill vehicles.
- Transports merchandise in a safe, efficient manner.
- Transport and exchange trailers as needed.
- Direct and instruct truck helpers.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Conduct self in a safe manner; report all injuries immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.