The Shift Lead will report to the On-Site Manager and under their general supervision, is responsible for overseeing the employees on their shift that perform all of the essential duties in a Distribution Center. The Shift Lead is responsible ensure the shift leads are maximizing the overall productivity during each shift, and that safety standards are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate expectations and goals daily, weekly and monthly to the Shift Leads in order for the site to meet Relogistics performance standards.
- Learning to recruit and recommend selection of employees at customer location, to the On-Site Manager.
- Under the direction of the On-Site Manager, promotes a Safe Working environment and helps ensure Safety Standards are met.
- Ability to the On-Site Manager communicate to customer any needs or concerns.
- Must be able to coach, train, provide feedback, and if necessary hold Shift Leads accountable.
- Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards.
- Conduct Safety Meetings with the Shift Leads and establish expectations for them to host Shift Safety meetings with crew before work begins
- Ability to complete all production paperwork with accuracy.
- Communicates directly with On Site with any employee issues.
- Loading and unloading materials from trailers.
- Moving pallets or materials on pallets or in crates around the storage facility.
- Stacking pallets or materials in the correct manner, following inventory control instructions.
- Checking to make sure loads are secure.
- Ensuring that all employees are working safe and abide by all safety policies.
- Ensuring that all daily equipment checks on all Industrial power equipment are being performed.
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Must maintain a clean & safe environment working environment that meets Relogistics standards.
- Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence and other records, and maintains employee personnel files.
- Learns to perform basic financial data entry.
- May be required to assist with forklift driver duties, as needed. This would include operating a forklift for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials to/from different areas within the warehouse, making accurate decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the location, as well as tracking these movements in a timely/legible manner on proper Relogistics forms.