Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Basic computer skills, email, word-processing, database searching.
- Standard library and office practices and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse population.
- Some understanding of instruction or training.
- Ability to work in a changing, progressive environment.
- Word processing, World Wide Web use, Instant messaging, Web 2.0.
- Effective communication skills with a diverse population.
- Ability to work well as a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing customer and library demands.
- Library public service experience or relevant customer service experience preferred.
- Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.