The Merchandise and Service Coordinator (MSC) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values and contributing to a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The MSC reports to, and supports, the Retail Operations Manager (ROM). S/he supervises a team of task associates and is accountable for supporting the operations of a retail store, including, but not limited to, the shipment process, physical inventory, and all other inventory-related functions. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, inventory results, and operational compliance), people (training and development), and process (standard operating procedures).
This position requires a passion for operational excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to quickly and efficiently lead through unforeseen complexity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The MSC is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, inventory, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity and complete task workload (e.g., daily tasks, shipment, and inventory processes) on time, and within the payroll budget.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service through the execution of tasks that drive product availability, newness, and the option for a self-navigated shopping experience.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and inefficient processes, and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop associates using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Establish professional vendor partnerships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on shipment expectations.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by leading by example, sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to adjust schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and reporting.
- Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.