The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing the Houston office’s Facilities and Office Services Departments.
Responsibilities include coordinating the design, planning, construction, purchasing/leasing, installation, maintenance, moving; and repair and alteration of equipment, furniture, machinery, as well as physical office space(s) and other facilities.
This individual also acts as the local office’s liaison with the building management offices and their safety/security personnel, various general contractors and vendors, and the corporate office’s Procurement Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews, hires and trains (in close cooperation with Human Resources) all employees in the Facilities and Office Services Departments; planning, assigning, and directing their work; appraising their performance; rewarding and disciplining them; addressing their complaints and working with them to resolve any work-related problems.
- Coordinates the contracted services of Reprographics and the Mailroom.
- Orders all office supplies. Reviews and authorizes all routine office services expenses prior to submittal to accounts payable for processing.
- Coordinates all services provided for in the Firm's lease with the building, including engineering, housekeeping, maintenance, security services and parking.
- Maintains the parking spreadsheet and sends monthly updates to local HR personnel.
- Coordinates moves by planning space requirements; determines requisite desk/office/work area set-up in conjunction with the Office Manager for all personnel; ensures the timely and efficient movement of general office furniture and other items at the request of the Office Manager or office occupants to the extent feasible; coordinates maintenance personnel and outside vendors, as necessary, to assist with moving furniture and equipment while timing the move to cause the least amount of disruption to the Firm.
- Maintains the physical upkeep and aesthetic appeal of shared office facilities such as lobbies, hallways, signs, reception areas, lunch rooms, coffee stations, conference rooms and rest rooms (including cleaning carpet stains and wall marks).
- Manages the Firm's usage of the building's freight elevator and loading dock.
- Maintains the local office's art inventory and coordinate installations of artwork.
- Coordinates and executes special projects that involve the operations of the firm, as requested by the Office Manager.
- Manages the Emergency Response Team by maintaining the list of participants and coordinating CPR and other emergency response trainings for the office.
- Conducts daily safety inspections of all facilities.
- Coordinates fire drills with the building's management.
- Manages safety supplies and services provided by vendor.
- Maintains ongoing professional relationships with outside vendors and food services.
- Demonstrates high standards of courtesy and professionalism when answering all calls and when interacting with all personnel, clients, vendors and guests of the Firm.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Firm's policies and applicable laws.
- Knows, understands, and works in accordance with the provisions of the Sidley Austin Staff Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates