Accounts Receivable Specialist
U.S. Legal Support
Collections, Administrative / Clerical
Administrative / Clerical
Working within an accounts receivable unit, the candidate will engage with a portfolio of legal firms through phone and e-mail to ensure timely payment invoices while promoting US Legal Supports standards of quality and customer service.
- Decrease DSO of assigned portfolio.
- High-volume of outbound contacts and correspondence in a performance-based environment reaching 70 firms per day.
- Perform a range of duties in the administration of collection activities, such as processing payments, creating disputes and answering tier 1 billing questions with a portfolio ranging from 700-1000 firms.
- Research and resolve invoice disputes, including timely follow-up with field offices.
- Enter detailed, professional notes with specifics as to contact person and commitment obtained.
- Organize follow-up phone calls and maintain schedule of escalating files to supervisor.
- Maintain a polite, positive and courteous approach combined with ability to convey the applicable message with each call.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly A/R calls with upper management.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Department.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships within the assigned portfolio and organization.
- Must be articulate and write clearly
- Possess an aptitude for basic accounting
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrate business persuasion skills
- Goal oriented and able to self manage to meet KPI's
- Intermediate Excel skills with ability to use pivot tables to extract information
- Must have familiarity with Adobe and how to create, combine and organize PDF files
- Time Management/Organization
- Reliability and dedication to meet team goals
- High School Diploma, relevant college course work preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced customer contact environment
- 1-2 years’ experience in collections, accounting or accounts receivable, preference given to candidates who have a stablework history with minimal job changes
- Proven history of success in collections and/or customer service
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to customer service excellence