Category Manager - Houston
Management, Administrative / Clerical, Professional, Construction
Administrative / Clerical
- Promote, demonstrate and instill Brock’s Bsafe and Bbest culture in all aspects of the business
- Organize and develop operational guidelines for categories of spend that follow best practices. Identify and qualify a preferred supply base through the use of performance management, benchmarking, value modeling, financial, commercial and technical analysis.
- Support supplier performance and relationship management programs, including supplier management scorecards and supplier reviews to drive continuous improvement in supplier performance.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence related to competition, ingress and egress of vendors, commodity price trends, and developments.
- Develop a solid understanding of internal needs within assigned categories through industry benchmarks.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical long term plans with suppliers.
- Working conditions include outdoor and indoor field, yard and shop locations.
- Working indoors in an office environment
- Utilization of Personal Protective Equipment is necessary.
- Frequent travel as required.
2406 East Pasadena Freeway
Houston, TX 77506