Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience.
- Rigging and flagging skills.
- Must pass Pala-Interstate Certification Exam.
- 20/30 and 20/50 Snellen Eye Sight- color vision/depth perception.
- Undergo OSHA required physical exam.
- Undergo baseline audiogram.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must hold NCCER or NCCCO certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School or GED preferred but not required.
- Trade School program preferred but not required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position requires supervision of any Helpers or spotters who work with them to insure the employees working around the machinery work safe at all times. The Equipment Operator should mentor the Helper or Spotters and teach them the correct and safe way to do the assigned task.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites and frequently works near moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed extreme hot and cold weather, wet or humid conditions. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, gases, odors and areas with poor ventilation. The employee may work in high or low elevation, confined areas, on uneven ground levels and various ground surfaces. The noise level in the work environment and job sites is usually loud. Proper steps shall be taken to mitigate hazards and proper PPE will be used.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with coworkers and supervision. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work will be determined by each specific job site. Overtime may be required.
PALA Group, Inc. and its Subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.