The Legal Assistant must be extremely detail oriented and will support and perform a wide range of duties, under the supervision of the Company’s General Counsel. The Legal Assistant will enhance attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; and, supporting attorney's litigation proceedings. The position will be based in the Company’s Houston headquarters office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
- Scheduling/Coordinating depositions, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
- Monitoring Calendars and confirming case status with attorney.
- Draft correspondence and basic pleadings (i.e. Notice of Hearings, Subpoenas, Notices of Appearance)
- Preparing documents necessary for attorney appearances.
- Assist Attorneys with trial preparation.
- Clerical and administrative support to other members of the Legal department as needed
- Review, process and respond to subpoena requests.
- Complete the required Proof of Claims paperwork for Customers who have filed bankruptcy.
- Creating and submitting expense reports for the General Counsel
- Reviewing and submitting weekly all legal spend for payment processing.
- Gathering, reviewing and organizing documents, in response to litigation discovery requests.
- Document prep and redline comparisons
- Managing and organizing legal databases
- Legal Research
- Working with the Operations team to gather job information and create the proper pre-lien notices