SpawGlass, a Texas-based commercial and civil contractor, has just created a position on the team as a Building Services Supervisor in Houston, TX.
A Bit about Us
Our organization was founded in 1953 by Louis Spaw and Frank Glass, hence the name SpawGlass. With 10 offices across Texas, the company now has approximately 800 employees statewide and is 100 percent employee-owned with ownership open to all employees. Our DNA is comprised of five core values: Build Trust, Be Professional, Live Teamwork, Be Passionate and Think Like an Owner and our purpose is to provide our clients with the absolute best construction experience.
What Sets Us Apart
SpawGlass wants to invest in you and your future. We not only want to hire the best people; we also want to retain them. The average tenure of our workforce is 10 years – more than twice the median years of tenure in the construction industry nationwide.
Reporting directly to the Building Services Manager, your position will have the following components:
- Plan and supervise all aspects of the job, determining method of construction, manpower requirements, material and equipment requirements, specifications and schedule
- Assist in resolving construction issues, maintaining quality performance and high productivity
- Serve as liaison with clients, engineers and specialty contractors to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications and project schedules
- Perform repair work and/or installations of doors, hardware and cabinets
- Frame and hang drywall and perform minor drywall finishing
- Form, place and finish concrete
- Install various types of flooring
- Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel
- Flexibility to work any hours, based on client requirements
- This is a great opportunity for a leader in commercial construction. 5+ years of experience planning, working and supervising multiple aspects of maintenance and construction is required.
SpawGlass will provide you with an engaging work environment where you can make an impact, develop your career, and achieve a healthy work-life balance. If this opportunity appeals to you, let’s talk. Our application is quick and easy!
SpawGlass is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.