Education and Experience
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or higher level of education. Minimum of two to three years progressive supervisory and management experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
- State Registered Nursing License.
- Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department.
- Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
- Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills; strong management/supervisory skills; high degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to work independently and manage time efficiently; high degree of initiative and creativity; good judgment; ability to employ professional ethics, and excellent analytical and clinical knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.