Sally Beauty is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies and we have over 3,300 stores carrying over 7,000 professional products for our customers. We are looking for enthusiastic, driven, and team-oriented leaders to maximize our sales and profitability as well as connect our customers with the beauty world and our quality beauty products.
The Area Manager will be responsible for driving sales and profit growth by leading a team that enables associates to put the Customers first in our Stores. Hire and develop a proactive team that is accountable and delivers a shopping environment that meets or exceeds customer expectations, ensures effective execution of Company merchandising and operational plans, and achieves sales and profit objectives. Manages expenses to meet or exceed profit objectives. Additionally, directs all the assigned activities of assigned Stores within a District, averaging 5 plus Stores, and reports any opportunities to the District Manager. Accountable for P/L performance of assigned stores.
- Provides leadership to deliver the customer experience to ensure an excellent customer experience to maximize sales and customer loyalty in assigned stores. Develops customer-focused associates through coaching. Understands the competitive landscape by observing and studying other companies to learn about current initiatives/strategies shares information with their District Manager.
- Assesses assigned Store Managers, and Store Managers II, to determine talent opportunities and impact on store performance. Consistently engages direct reports in discussions regarding their own strengths to leverage and opportunities to develop while leveraging IDP. Ensures that the Store Managers engage and develop their teams
- Monitors controllable expenses in their assigned stores to maintain acceptable levels while minimizing adverse effects on store operations. Indirectly responsible for maintaining minimum shrink.
- Embodies and articulates the vision of the brand. Maintain, improve and uphold the Sally Beauty brand so that it is associated with positive results. Lead/Manage team that continually have a focus on our brand to drive customer satisfaction, in-store presentation, and competition resulting in higher sales products associated with our brand.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Opportunities
- Employee Discount
- Incentive Trips and Vendor Contests
- Opportunities to grow your career within the company
- Work in an environment focused on and surrounded by beauty
- We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.