A career at Childrens Lighthouse Learning Center in Fairfield will give you a rich, rewarding experience with many opportunities for personal growth. Our school is growing, and we are constantly recruiting qualified, teachable and dedicated candidates to take the lead in nurturing and educating children. We hope you will inquire about our employment opportunities.
ACTIVELY SEEKING: FULL-TIME/ PART-TIME ASSISTANT TEACHERS, FULL-TIME LEAD TEACHERS, MORNING AND AFTERNOON HOURS ARE AVAILABLE.
Our benefits include the following:
- AdvancED Accredited School
- Competitive compensation
- Tuition reimbursement for CDA
- Flexible hours
- Extensive initial training and opportunities for continual learning and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Respectful, friendly learning environment
- Opportunity to make a difference
* Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
* Ability to relate positively with young children.
* Previous teaching or assistant teaching position with a quality preschool, child care center or church nursery is preferred
* Current on state in-service requirements
* Knowledge and understanding of all current state and local regulations
* Provide a positive and nurturing environment for the children.
* Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Childrens Lighthouse curriculum outlines and materials.
* Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
* Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
* Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
* Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
* Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
* Maintains the Childrens Lighthouse professional attitude and work behavior.
* Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
* Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
* Observes all rules and regulations of Childrens Lighthouse and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
* Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs - Will frequently lift as in lifting, carrying and holding infants and children in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Required to stand up to 90% of the day.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and sit on a child's level.
- Able to physically and mentally interact and react to children on the playground and/or in the classroom, and attend to their needs.
- Must have the energy level required to do the job
- Must meet all Childrens Lighthouse and local, state or national basic health requirements as well as other requirements.
- First Aid and CPR training, as required.
- Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
- Successfully pass a fingerprinting and criminal background check.
- Minimum of 18 years old
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time