EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the normal knowledge, skill, and/or ability levels required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and draw and interpret graphical data.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to complex situations and able to prepare and/or follow instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, smell and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Depending on location site, while performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near explosive material and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and/or heat; possibly working in enclosed spaces. The noise level is usually moderate.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.