FORGET THE CUBICLE!
Grow A Great Career in the Apartment Industry
Become a part of an industry that supports more than 25.4 million jobs nationally and houses more than 34.6 million apartment residents. The local apartment industry directly creates nearly 40,000 jobs in the Houston area. In Harris County alone, 42 percent of residents live in multi-unit housing communities. And why wouldn’t they? Apartments provide convenience and accessibility that put their residents closer to work, friends and entertainment than traditional single-family homes.
Consider the apartment industry as your career and join us in housing the future.
Plant the seed of your new career with Leasing 101
Room to GROW
Houston Apartment Association
The industry’s most seasoned and dynamic instructors are on hand to educate students on the boundless potential that awaits those who choose the apartment management industry as their career. This course is intended as an introduction to the apartment industry for new leasing professionals, as well as those individuals looking to learn more about the industry as a career. Students who complete the course will receive a certificate, as well as a listing of HAA member management companies.
Leasing 101 Course Dates:
July 24 - 25
August 20 - 21
September 24 - 25
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m on day one
9 a.m. to noon on day two
Location: Houston Apartment Association Education Center
4810 Westway Park Blvd; Houston, TX 77041
$75 in advance or $85 at the door
For more information and to register, click APPLY NOW
Apartment leasing is a career path with unlimited potential:
- Total compensation for a leasing consultant ranges from $23,900 - $37,900, depending on the region of the country. Median total compensation is $28,600.
- Successful and ambitious leasing consultants are promoted quickly. he total compensation for an apartment manager ranges from $38,500 - $66,500, depending on the region of the country. Median total compensation is $48,300.
- Leasing consultants may receive additional compensation for meeting sales goals and lease renewals.
- Most leasing consultants receive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k plan.
- Many companies offer their employees a rent benefit to live at the apartment community where they work or at another apartment community within the company. This rent benefit is a rent discount of 20 percent or more.
- Most companies offer training opportunties to help employees advance in their careeer to leasing manager, director of leasing and vice president of sales and marketing.