Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Unrepresented Casualty Adjuster in Houston, TX!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples’ lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating moderately complex, unrepresented claims which may include: uninsured or underinsured motorist claims involving physical property damage and/or bodily injury in single or multi car accidents, Injury Casualty Soft Tissue, and unrepresented moderate claims. The individual also may handle moderately complex, non-represented CPL claims. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved.
Specific responsibilities include
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in moderately complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
- Obtains photos and/or conducts scene investigation
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into moderately complex auto accidents, determines liability, and prepares summaries
- Determines claim value
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- May serve as a subrogation or arbitration panelist
- May serve as an agent advocate in training
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.