Individual must posses knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combinations of skills and abilities. Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position are:
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience.
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, lead-man, and co-workers.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and/or moving of 75 pounds and over, with frequent lifting and/or carrying odd shaped objects weighing up to 75 pounds, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to read blue prints- and drawings.
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties.
- Must of the work tasks (90 %) are performed in-door and subjected to environmental and weather condition changes.
- May work night shift and extended hours to meet work demands.
- Requires high degree of concentration while performing welding.
- May work continuously several hours without a break.
- May work in small areas and/or confined spaces.
- Must stand on hard surfaces to perform work task..
- Must perform welding work in awkward positions.
- May work quickly and have pressure of deadlines and production demands.
- Must stay focused on the work at hand while performing safely.
Other Ergonomics Requirements:
- The position of Welder III is a physically demanding job. The functions performed ordinarily involve: extending hands and arms in all directions, holding, grasping, pressing, turning objects using hands, picking, lifting, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers.
Other Specifications and Requirements:
- Welder must observe and comply with all Safety policy and procedures.
- Ability to perform different tasks.
- Demonstrates safe, productive job performance.
- Performs other tasks associated with the job.
- Completes other assigned training.
- Fulfills other jobs as required.
- Meets the company standards.
- Prior welding experience required MIG,
- Applicants will be required to take and pass a drug test prior to employment.
- Inconsistent information, of any kind, necessary to complete the hiring process will be ground for dismissal.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ability to communicate effectively with and work with other personnel.
Ability to perform work according to routine, while maintaining standards of performance.
Proper operation of equipment.