Tetra Tech AEG is currently seeking a Liner Technician for our Geosynthetics Division. This team player will have the ability to see, travel and work outdoors year-round. And help contribute to AEG’s success!
American Environmental Group, a Tetra Tech Company is looking for a liner technician responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties on project sites.
Responsibilities may include: ensuring worksites are properly equipped and prepped by filling and carrying sandbags, rolling out liner, possibly driving a forklift, basic labor work, prepping seams, assisting with welding/stitching liner, running the fusion welder and ability to operate extrusion welder. Ability to be on the road living in hotels 95% of work year, ability to walk up and down steep slopes for extended periods of time in extreme hot or cold environments ability to communicate both orally and by written letters/communications. Typical projects include maintenance and repair, geosynthetic lining and engineering on landfills, coal ash, open pit gold mines, sediment ponds and other industrial project sites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand environmental, health & safety regulations & perform work in compliant manner.
- Travel for extended periods (95% of season away from home).
- Living in hotels & traveling between states. Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain.
- Ability to do heavy, manual work.
- Ability to walk long distances up and down slopes 1:1, 2:1 and 3:1 slopes.
- Ability to help maneuver, cut, fuse and HDPE liner.
- Must be able to work in trenched areas to connect, refit and adjust liner on landfills and project sites.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely including on very odorous project sites.
- Clean up work areas, clean and fuel vehicles and equipment as necessary.
- Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment.
- Available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- *Ability to communicate with clients and peers using professional diction.
- * Assist site supervisors with the materials and equipment needs and helping to collect supplies for projects.
- * Complete USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety classes, on-site training materials and annual 8-hour refresher classes.