MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted Health Solutions Partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
Revenue cycle management solutions
Performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Hospital Associate and the Hospital Associate Floater are responsible for providing account registration, billing and administrative support to the physician(s) in the assigned unit and the Corporate Office. The duties include; gathering and verifying current demographic information including insurance information; contacting insurance companies (as necessary); processing weekly billing; completing and submitting daily and monthly statistics and assisting the Medical Director and physicians with administrative duties as needed. Perform required tasks on OBR, Master Database, MS Excel, Word and Windows.
1. Preparing billing and registration worksheet
- Gathering and verifying current demographic information by speaking with the parents or hospital.
- Obtain correct Insurance/Medicaid information from parents.
- Contacting insurance companies to verify insurance data on accounts.
- Utilize Payer Search program to obtain correct insurance code information
- Refer to Contract portion of Master Data Base to confirm contractual agreements with managed care companies within your assigned unit.
- Complete the registration and billing of all accounts in the OBR system.
- Release all billing and registrations according to established department guidelines.
- Submit billing worksheets to the Corporate office in a timely manner in accordance to the shipment schedule.
2. Prepare and submit daily and monthly statistics.
- Submit daily census by 1:00 p.m. E.S.T. via e-mail or fax.
- Compare census to the database report every Thursday and submit all corrections via fax, phone or e-mail.
- Reconcile the month-end statistical reports and submit them to the Corporate Office as established by the department guidelines.
3. Assist Medical Director and physicians with administrative support.
- Answer office phones and take messages.
- Maintain office calendar and set up meetings and appointments.
- Organize the physician’s daily agenda.
- Assist in travel arrangements.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Typing letters, memos, meeting minutes, etc.
- Follow up on Federal Express or UPS accounts for reimbursements.
- Type the monthly physician’s schedule.
- E-mail or fax monthly physician schedules, changes and updates to said schedules and actual work schedules to the Director of Physician Scheduling.
4. Provide support services to the Corporate Office.
- Prepare and submit all payments and disbursements along with check requests or expense reports to Accounts Payable Department.
- Assist the Credentialing Department in obtaining hospital privileges and medical credentials for both newly hired and currently employed physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Inform the Regional Corporate Office of any changes in the hospital or unit policies and procedures.
- Obtain and submit timely the necessary documentation to support stipend reimbursement identified in the hospital contract with the physicians.
5. Provide support to the Patient Account Department.
- Supply authorization numbers as requested by the insurance companies.
- Obtain and update baby names on all registered accounts within a timely manner.
- Update accounts in regard to changes in insurance or demographic information.
- Contact with collectors on account issues such as account histories and medical record requests.
- Utilizing the correct verification forms for requesting insurance and referring physician codes.
- Complete RDS Data Repairs in the Master Data on a daily basis.
- Review and reply to Corporate e-mails within a timely manner.
- Cooperatively works with the Hospital and Corporate offices with repairs, upgrades, installations, and trouble-shooting with computer related issues within the unit.
6. Attendance at the annual Hospital Associate Conference is mandatory and may require overnight travel. In order to make arrangements for personal obligations, as much notice as possible will be given. Additional travel may become available if the need arises.
7. Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
Any patient private health information (PHI) must not be divulged on any account except to payers that need the information in order to process the claim for payment.
8. Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
9. Performs other job-related duties within the job scope as requested by Management of Patient Accounts.
10. Embodies the principles of the corporate Mission Statement and Philosophy at all times.
- Represents the Corporation in a positive fashion and makes all individuals feel as comfortable as possible.
- Conducts all business in a professional manner maintaining respect for individuals at all times.
11. Complies with departmental and company-wide policies and procedures.
- Maintains constant awareness of potential safety hazards insuring necessary safety precautions.
- Reads and complies with established policies and procedures.