We are currently seeking a new Senior Oracle Financial Developer to join our IT Applications team. This is a challenging and dynamic role that through hard work and devotion, to both fellow employees and the company overall, can allow one to achieve a long term successful and rewarding career at Powell.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an innovative and dynamic environment with a chance to make a real impact
- Develop lasting relationships with great people in all aspects of the entire organization
- Have the opportunity to build a long term and satisfying career
The essential keys for success in this role are to:
- Maintain a great team attitude
- Demonstrate passion for your work
- Have the willingness to learn
Analysis and Solution Definition:
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in a couple development and integration technologies (i.e., SQL, SOA, etc.) and modules/business systems.
- Understands the business issues, process challenges, and system data needs of their technical area of expertise.
- Provides technical advice to the analyst during the business requirements discussion, so as to achieve the optimal solution for the business requirement, which may include a non-development based solution.
- Document technical design, approach and development within a Technical Design Document.
Project Execution, Delivery and Support:
- Develop and deliver high quality technical solutions for business requirements in a timely manner.
- As required, provide scripts for data conversion related to the project in a timely manner.
- Conduct thorough unit testing for the technical solutions developed, while also taking into consideration business system integration and data dependencies.
- Ensures code is deployment ready and with clear instructions to avoid any variances while testing in new environment.
- Provide advice and ongoing support in solving technical issues in a timely manner for a couple functional areas.
- Responsible to follow the published SDLC process and ensure all the necessary documentation is in place for each development assignment.
- Responsible to follow the published development methodologies and standards relevant to the technology when developing the technical solutions.
- Responsible for delivering code that has acceptable system performance in Production environment.
- Responsible to review code and provide constructive feedback when assigned to perform a “Technical Review’ on other developer’s code.
Decision Making, Discretion & Latitude:
- Ability to handle multiple complex development assignments simultaneously and manage time efficiently to deliver solutions.
- Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Requires the ability to build strong working relationships with IT Managers, Technical leads, co-Developers, Analysts and DBAs.