Summary: The Online Learning Management System (LMS) Assistant is responsible for assisting LMS-AIT with various duties geared towards maximizing the online learning environment.
- To collaborate with faculty to produce course content compatible with the College's learning management system (LMS) and to help staff design, maintain, and conduct online courses. Participate in the support of the online LMS and other instructional technology systems and tools. Assist with training and on-going support to faculty and staff in the development of online course content and other instructional technologies. Under limited supervision and using a significant degree of independence and initiative, organize work, prioritize activities, and exercise responsibility for scheduling and overseeing day-to-day functions. Employees in this classification receive general supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures. The Online LMS Assistant will also ensure continued compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional, and Programmatic accreditation agencies.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists in setting up and delivering of Online courses for all campuses
- Diagnoses problems or support issues related to faculty, staff and student use of the online LMS and other instructional technology systems as appropriate.
- Helps faculty integrate technology into the curriculum; serves as a resource to faculty and staff in the development of technology enhanced instruction and related media
- Work with ground schools to implement blended programs and full ground programs.
- Develop and maintain training manual for LMS Processes
- Work with the Academics team and student services to maintain satisfactory student retention and program completion rates
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, institutional, and programmatic regulation agencies.
- Adhere to academic policies/procedures for compliance.
- Assist DAA and Campus DOE with administrative functions.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of current Instructional Technology implementations for online post secondary schools, Canvas experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated individuals with goals to succeed.
- Portrays a positive and professional approach in all interactions within the College environment.
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet Company core values.
- Must be capable of providing leadership and inspiration to remote faculty as well as remote staff.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Skilled in the writing of funding agency proposals.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly