SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Health and Safety Group as a Senior Safety, Health, and Environment Specialist.
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) technical support for SHE Department activities assigned by a SHE Manager or the SHE Director. The position also provides technical guidance to all levels of company management in attaining compliance with applicable federal, state, and local SHE-related regulations as well as company SHE policies, procedures, and operating instructions, client SHE requirements and other stakeholder objectives.
- Performs technical analysis and reporting on a variety of SHE-related performance and compliance issues. Provides written reporting of results.
- Maintains various company SHE programs, including performance documentation, program updates and corrections, and enforcement actions.
- Provides technical expertise and advice in SHE-related requirements and issues to all levels of management in the company.
- Provides the project/program management staff with SHE technical support in their development of project-specific safety plans, identification of SHE-related project budget and staffing resource requirements, and other project-specific issues related to program/project SHE compliance and operational requirements.
- Assists management staff with meeting requirements of company’s SHE Program, including assistance with defining and delivering SHE training, participation in medical monitoring processes, and management of SHE-related licenses, permits, and authorizations required to perform Subsidiary/Group Company business operations.
- Assists with response actions for SHE incidents, including performance of thorough incident investigation and follow-up activities in accordance with company’s requirements.
- Coordinates with the SHE Managers/SHE Director to implement requirements of the ANA SHE Program within the company.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.