INEOS is actively recruiting for I&E Reliability Engineer
Purpose of the job:
The successful candidate who fills this position will work as a member of the I/E Reliability Team, consisting of engineers, specialists, and technicians who report to the E/I Engineering Authority. This role will play a key role in developing both short-term and long-term Reliability strategies for the site in addition to providing engineering support to the site Operations, Maintenance, and Capital teams. This position will support the new Gemini HDPE asset at the BMC site.
The I/E Reliability Engineer is to identify reliability improvement opportunities, lead small instrumentation projects, perform RCFA and provide technical support in completing repairs to instrumentation systems in support of the Operations Department and Maintenance Department. Additional responsibilities include participating in all aspects of capital projects, from Front End Engineering & Design (FEED) through Detailed Design through Start-Up & Commissioning. Projects execution and sustainability support includes the development of documentation to deliver stage reviews and preventive maintenance requirements to deliver a robust life cycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Most important activities:
- Support and actively participate in hazard and risk assessments resolving process safety management (PSM) issues (scenarios).
- Support Safety Integrity Level (SIL) calculations and documentation of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Review and provide comments on engineering design packages (issued for approval and construction packages) issued by engineering and capital projects team
- Ensure the technical integrity of projects, including compliance with the project scope, job specifications, accepted good engineering practices, and meeting customer requirements
- Team member of FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) which may be performed at manufacturer or vendor site
- Coordinate auditing of documentation and compliance testing (e.g. preventive maintenance)
- Provides resolution on improper execution of trips (including spurious) and challenges resolution/corrective actions to prevent re-occurrences and deliver continuous improvement
- Assess changes by: supporting MOC’s, validating programming changes prior to implementation, verifying all pertinent documentation changes (e.g. procedures, narratives, PM’s) are accurately defined/documented and supporting training (if required)
- Lead, drive and assure that BMC site Critical Equipment Lists is up to date, maintained and documentation kept in accordance with Site procedures, PSM and ISA requirements
- Monitor SAT, capturing and logging areas of improvement and undocumented actions to achieve successful tests. This activity is a joint responsibility with DCS Engineering Authority and/or Process Control Engineers
- Perform root cause failure analysis (RCFA) following detailed design and troubleshooting guidelines, using investigating techniques for system failures
- Promote safety leadership and deliver injury-free projects