Shift Lead Position Profile
The role of the Shift Lead is to perform the duties of a Client Services Coordinator or Vet Assistant when not filling in or assisting the Practice Manager or Chief of Staff in guiding the team to maximize productivity and profitability of the hospital. This position works with the Practice Manager and/or Chief of Staff (COS) to ensure effective communication with all clients and internal stakeholders and colleagues.
The right person for this job takes great enjoyment in:
- Assisting and supporting the hospital leadership in developing an efficient, productive team that provides the highest quality care and service to the most pets and clients.
- Following Banfield protocols and practices, focusing the team to achieve practice priorities while building our culture and brand.
- Day-to-day supervision of the team when called upon and ensuring quality medical care, exceptional client service, associate engagement and maximum productivity.
- Helping create an environment where a team can deliver quality, efficient and effective veterinary care to pets and fostering an environment that engages associates, where associates do their best and feel good about being a member of the team.
- Providing professional, efficient and exceptional client service (lead by example), ensuring all associates do the same, to include client education about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, hospital services, marketing campaigns, and other related information; effectively resolve client issues.
- Assisting in effectively scheduling associates to meet client needs according, while proactively planning time off and CE scheduling.
- Ensuring compliance with all practice policies and procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to Banfield dress and grooming guidelines.
A career at Banfield means you'll find yourself working in the pet healthcare field alongside industry experts with a chance to make a difference in the lives of pets and the clients we serve through client education and effective communications. Work in a fun team environment that offers a clear career path you can pursue if continued growth and learning is your goal. Banfield offers all associates a generous benefits package including 401(k), paid time off and Optimum Wellness Plans® for your pets. In addition, medical, vision and dental insurance is offered to associates based on eligibility.