Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine. And, we believe hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield veterinary technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
Your wellbeing matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients
As a Banfield vet tech, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment – includes maternity leave
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.