AutoCAD / Revit Technician
Information Technology, Engineering, Energy
- Draft detailed construction drawings, engineering design drawings, and other CAD/BIM (Revit) or manually generated drawings used in planning and construction of projects by performing the following duties.
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other documents received from their supervisor.
- Plots maps, drawings, and charts showing the necessary elements of the construction documents for the construction of buildings, mechanical and electrical engineering facilities.
- Drafts detailed drawings of structures, buildings, and other facilities related to the building industry and normally accepted as elements contained in construction documents and other design documentation.
- To support the implementation of BIM practices and procedures as well as support the delivery of work
- Implement the project specific standards set by the CAD/Revit Manager and set-up the BIM Execution Plans
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of the team with technical expertise
- Assist with the training and development of both the BIM/CAD team and advise on Engineers training to improve the BIM design offering
- Create and maintain the BIM software Template files to ensure Standards
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow processes
- Lead BIM review/coordination meetings
- Prepare detailed working drawings, as required by the Project Manager, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan
- To produce Revit / CAD drawings to tight programmed timescales
- To ensure all drawing work is fully coordinated, avoiding any clashes, and accurately integrated within the architectural and structural design
- Liaise with other designers and consultants as required
- Drafting of erection drawings and individual piece drawings in AutoCAD and Revit
- Working as part of a project team to provide deliverables and meet deadlines
- Providing a high level of quality control that ensures deliverables are on-time and of a high quality
- Ability to coordinate with the various consultants involved in the documentation process.
- Ability to operate both CAD and BIM (Revit) programs as well as other graphic programs (Photoshop, SketchUp, etc.).
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid state driver’s license – Preferred
- Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified – Preferred
- Degree – Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – Required
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of:
- 5+ Years Autocad (current version)
- 5+ Years Revit (current version)
- SketchUp (current version)
- Photoshop (Design Suite) – (current version)
- Microsoft Orrice Suite – Word, Excel, Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alteration
- Experience in managing a team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
15330 Park Row
Houston, TX 77084