We are searching for a Communications Center Operator I – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll answer and direct incoming and outgoing telephone calls, place pages, process emergency procedures and maintain telecommunications-related records.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Answers calls promptly and listens carefully to caller.
- Completes page requests to hospital staff as appropriate.
- Connects calls to requested extension, department or individual as quickly as possible.
- Provides patient information to callers as allowed under hospital policy and federal and state regulations.
- Determines where the caller needs to be directed if they are unclear, by using non-threatening inquiry techniques.
- Queries the appropriate system for desired name, department or other information.
Processes long distance calls for certain departments.