Provide technical, paraprofessional, and customer support to the development community and assist customers with information and/or assistance in regards to plan submittal, permit issuance and inspection scheduling.
Handle payments, prepare receipts, balance cash drawer, keep accurate record of deposits, answer multiple phone lines and assist customers at the front counter.
- Regular and timely attendance at work.
- Greet and assist customers at the front desk; provide basic information about ordinances; handle incoming phone calls for Community Development.
- Explain basic development and construction related process procedures, and regulations to customers at the permit counter, on the telephone and through correspondence.
- Process applications for development permits; including building, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, etc...
- Process multiple types of licensing applications.
- Balance cash drawer and keep accurate records of deposits.
- Prepare incoming and out-going mail.
- Maintain accurate digital records for commercial and residential files.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other related duties as assigned.
The City of Pearland offers an excellent benefits package including a voluntary ICMA 457 deferred compensation program, as well as membership in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a 2:1 employer match. The City of Pearland pays all premiums for the employee’s dental, long-term disability protection, and life insurance and the City pays the majority portion of the medical premium for employees and dependents